One Month Update – We are celebrating my one-month anniversary as commissioner and intensive on-the-job training! Vaccine distribution, workers protections, rental assistance, and bond projects for roads and bridges have dominated my time. Our work as a unified court is taking shape. During our January 19 meeting, we voted for me to serve as follows:
Travis County Oversight Committees:
- Housing Issues — NEW COMMITTEE — I urged the Court to create this emphasis on the continuum of housing in order to address homelessness, the COVID rent payment crisis and housing stability, which is impacted by community connections, transportation, employment and healthcare. Commissioner Jeff Travillion and I will coordinate with diverse partners including churches, non-profits, property owners, people with lived experience, healthcare, schools and government at all levels.
- Green Sustainability Committee — NEW COMMITTEE — with Commissioner Brigid Shea, we will elevate this work to arrest Climate
- Change and protect the environment
- Emergency Services
- Veteran Services
- Information Technology
Travis County Corporations (Treasurer) – including the Housing Finance Corporation
- CAMPO – Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Transportation Policy Board
- CAPCOG – Capital Area Council of Governments Executive Committee
After this one month update, I am looking forward to the weeks ahead! If you’d like to visit with me or my staff, please visit my contact page on this site.